Benefits of club membership include:
A printed copy of the club magazine (The Clwydian) twice per year.
Events and Coaching
Access to all club events, at home and abroad. This includes club trips, social meets such as the summer BBQ, the winter slide show series and the subsidised annual dinner and presentation by a celebrity speaker.
Access to coaching and skill building. There is a wealth of climbing and mountaineering experience within the club. Our friendly members are happy to show new-comers the ropes whilst attending one of our meets. We also have a number of dedicated skill-building days throughout the year and in the summer we usually offer private coaching for rock climbers where members pay for expenses only.
Access to heavily subsidised outdoor courses.
The CMC is a member of the Outdoor Partnership which offers outdoor courses at highly subsidised prices (typically 60% discount) such as MLA, CWA, SPA. Funding is limited but there may typically be 6 courses a year available to club members on a first come - first served basis. Application must first be made to the OP and your application form must be countersigned by the CMC Chair or Secretary.
BMC Club Membership
Individual club membership of the British Mountaineering Council including third party insurance. You may also upgrade to full BMC membership for significantly less than the usual fee for an individual.
Members are also entitled to a number of discounts and benefits on production of their club membership card. At present these are:
- 15% discount (20% in Novemeber) at Cotswold Outdoor.
- 10% discount at nearly all outdoor retailers on production of your BMC membership card (included).
- Free membership to the Plas Power Adventure Climbing Wall, Wrexham.
- Reduced entry fee to the Boardroom Climbing Wall, Queensferry.
- Reduced entry fee to the Conwy Council Climbing Wall, Llanrwst.
- Reduced entry fee to the Sports Centre Climbing Wall, Prestatyn.
- Entry to the Nuffield Climbing Wall, Indefatigable, LlanfairPG.
Full access to the club website:
- Advertise for partners and take the piss out of fellow members in our fully integrated social network.
- Synchronise activity feeds whith your mobile phone.
- Synchronise your personal Google, Outlook or Mobile calendar with the club's events calendar.
- Create your own and view other member's photo albums.
- Find activity partners with the members contact list and take complete control over who you share your details with.
- Ability to post on the forum, buy/sell equipment, and advertise your own trips.
Membership will also allow you to:
- Attend and vote at AGMs.
- Meet some amazing people.
- Do 1,000 pull ups.
We made the last one up
How to Join
Information about how to join is given on our How to Join page.